Hang out with SOE at Pax Prime and Dragon*Con over Labor Day weekend!
By: Donna “Danicia” Prior and Aimee “Ashlanne” Rekoske
What: PAX Prime, the Penny Arcade Expo Gaming & Geek Festival
When: August 31, 2012 – September 2, 2012
Where: Seattle, WA at the Washington State Convention Center
SOE will have a booth at the PAX Prime 2012 convention. This is the first time for SOE to be on the show floor in the Exhibit Hall. You can visit us in Booth #3317.
- 6 Stations set up for you to play PlanetSide 2!
- PlanetSide 2 Empire-themed Dog Tags and T-shirts for sale!
- Total Biscuit live streaming from our booth!
- Community Live Webcast from the booth, with our hostess Linda “Brasse” Carlson. She’ll present a tour on Friday morning and Sunday afternoon.
- Show your PlanetSide 2 allegiance! Complete the missions assigned to you by our Social Media team. You could win some of these great prizes:
- 10 PS2 Dog Tags each day
- 1 Sony Bloggie each day
- 1 Sony Headset each day
- 3 PS2 Empire-themed t-shirts each day
- One pair of Empire-themed Adidas shoes each day
Community Live Webcast from the PlanetSide 2 booth
Linda “Brasse” Carlson will host two Community Webcasts from our booth, one on Friday and one on Sunday. Catch these shows on Twitch.TV/SOE
- Friday, 8/31, 10:30AM – 11:30AM
- This will be an overview of PlanetSide 2 and SOE at PAX! See the booth, find out about all the activities we have planned and how you can participate, even if you are not at the show.
- Sunday, 9/2, 3:00PM – 3:30PM
- We’ll wind down our PAX Prime 2012 with an overview of our first PAX Prime experience, along with interviewing PlanetSide 2 staff and attendees who have played the game with us.
SOE Panel Participation at PAX Prime
Linda Carlson, Director of Global Community Relations, and Matt Higby, Creative Director for PlanetSide 2, are both panelists at PAX Prime this year. Come visit!
Pegasus Theatre Saturday 9/1 11:30AM – 12:30PM
MMORPG.com – Future of Online Games Panel (Matt Higby)
MMORPG.com brings together some of the top games and developers in the industry to discuss the next decade of online games and their growing mass market appeal. Game Developers from: Planetside 2, Nexon, Trion Worlds, Red 5 Studios, Funcom, and Torchlight 2 will be on hand to answer your questions and talk directly to fans about their games and the future of the industry. Red 5 Studios will have a surprise for their fans, and the last 15 minutes of the panel will have a special announcement from Sony Online Entertainment about PlanetSide 2!
Wolfman Theatre Saturday 9/1 6:30PM – 7:30PM
Your Careening Career: Starting Small and Making it BIG in the Gaming Industry (Linda Carlson & Matt Higby)
Most panels focus on “breaking in” to the industry, often via CS, QA, or moderation. That’s actually the easy part – we can and will cover that in five minutes. The REAL challenge is how to plan and manage your career to evolve past “entry level!” Industry insiders reveal how people successfully move from QA tester to Producer, CS rep to Department Head, and will leave you with strong guidelines to help further YOUR career.
Wolfman Theatre Sunday 9/2 3:30PM – 4:30PM
Is the Way You Pay the Way You Play? (Linda Carlson)
Free to play? Microtransactions? Subscription? DLC? The options gamers have for getting their game on have changed drastically and keeps changing. But how do these choices affect how gamers play the games themselves and how does it affect the communities around those games? We’ll discuss with the panelists and the audience how the way we buy our games influences the way we play them.
Total Biscuit Live Webcast at the PlanetSide 2 booth
Total Biscuit will be live casting from his channel, Twitch.TV/TotalBiscuit
- Friday, 8/31, 3PM to 5PM
- Saturday, 9/1, 12PM-2PM and 3PM – 5PM
- Sunday, 9/2, 11AM – 2PM
PlanetSide 2 at the Twitch.TV booth #3446
- Friday, 8/31, 2PM – 2:45 PM
- Live Gameplay with Matt Higby and Total Biscuit
- Saturday, 9/1, 2PM – 2:45 PM
- Q&A with Matt Higby and DJ Wheat
- Sunday, 9/2, 2PM – 2:45 PM
- Command Center Live with Matt Higby and Tramell Isaac
- 2 stations set up in the Alienware booth, featuring PlanetSide 2!
Curse’s PAX Prime Party
You can RSVP now for an exclusive pass and instant access. Click here to RSVP!
- When: Friday, 8/31, 9PM – 2AM
- Where: The Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue
- PlanetSide 2? Yes! We’ll have stations and will be giving away Empire-themed Dog Tags to first come-first serve!
See you there,
When: August 31, 2012 – September 3, 2012
Where: Atlanta GA
Who: Tony “RadarX” Jones, Eric “Piestro” Cleaver, Aimee “Ashlanne” Rekoske, and Tiffany “Amnerys” Spence
Members of the SOE Community Team will be in Atlanta attending Dragon*Con. Here are some opportunities to meet up with them while they are at Dragon*Con.
SOE Meet and Greet: Chat with RadarX, Piestro, Ashlanne, and Amnerys about what’s going on in many of SOE’s games. They will answer questions and they have items to give away.
- 8/31/12 8:30pm to 9:30pm Eastern Time at the Hilton Hotel in Grand Salon E.
Heroes and Villains Ball: SOE is sponsoring the MMO Track party again this year. Dress up as your favorite Hero or Villain from any genre of geek/nerd fandom and party the night away with members of the SOE Community Team. Click the link to check out the event on Facebook.
- 9/1/12 10:00pm to 2:00am Eastern Time at the Sheraton Hotel in the Grand Ballroom.
Dragon Slayer Awards: Members of the SOE Community Team will also be attending the first ever Dragon Slayer awards. Guild Launch will present the Dragon Slayer Awards as a way to recognize game studios and teams that give back to their player bases! Click on the link and vote for your favorite teams and games.
- 9/2/12 5:30pm Eastern Time at the Sheraton – Capitol Ballroom
SOE is nominated for the following categories:
- Top Community Management Team
- Community Manager of the Year – Linda “Brasse” Carlson
- Most Dramatic Change – EQ2: Play as your Character in Dungeon Maker
Community Management – Dealing with Gamers for Fun and Profit: Eric Cleaver joins other Community Managers in the industry for this panel. Listen as he shares SOE’s philosophies on Community Management.
- 9/3/12 2:30pm to 3:30pm Eastern Time at the Hilton Hotel in Grand Salon E.
If you don’t get a chance to meet up with the SOE Community Team during the panels or at the party, follow us on Twitter and you may catch us hanging out in the lobby of the Marriott Marquis watching the almost constant stream of costumes, walking around the Art Show in the Grand Hall West of the Atlanta Hyatt Regency Hotel, or shopping in the Dealers Room and Exhibit Hall. Don’t be shy! Come up and say hi!
- Sony Online Entertainment – @SonyOnline
- Tony “RadarX” Jones – @RadarX
- Tiffany “Amnerys” Spence – @Amnerys
- Eric “Piestro” Cleaver – @EricCleaver
- Aimee “Ashlanne” Rekoske – @Ashlanne
We hope you come hang out with us,